This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this website. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact our customer services department at firstname.lastname@example.org before using this websites.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
What information do we collect?
In general, you can use this website without giving us any information. However, additional services may be available if we have certain information about you, and you may also need to provide this information to register your interest in our products and services.
We may collect the following information:
- your name and contact information, including email address;
- an indication of your expected level of financial commitment, if you are expressing an interest in becoming a franchisee;
- your date of birth and current occupation, if you expressing an interest in becoming a franchisee. This information is used as part of our assessment of your application to become a franchisee. However, it is not mandatory for you to give this information at this stage, and you may register your interest without inputting this information;
- information about your company, if you are a retailer expressing an interest in our products.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to register your interest in our products/services;
- to improve our products and services;
- to make an initial assessment of your suitability to become a franchisee;
- to contact you in future if further franchising opportunities from the Original Poster Company become available.
We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail.
If the reason you have given us personal information is to receive information from us, we may continue to provide this information unless you ask us not to do so. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive information from us, please contact our data protection compliance officer at email@example.com.
With whom do we share this information?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries or a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business unless we have your permission or are required by law.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at Original Poster Company Limited, Elephant House, 28 Lyon Road, Walton on Thames KT12 3PU or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We want your experience of using our website to be easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them through Internet browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them
Learn how to remove cookies set on your device
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our website:
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies' internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
First party cookies
Original Poster Company
We will endeavour to let you know before we store a cookie on your computer.
Name : PHPSESSID
Purpose : Authentication session to prevent having to login multiple times in one browser session.
Typical content : Unique random string allocated to user's time on site.
Expires on exit
Third party cookies
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites’ on its behalf. Website Name does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Provider : PIWIK Analytics
Name : _pk_id.1.5c95, _pk_ses.1.5c95, _atuvc PHPSESSID
Purpose : These cookies are used to collect information about how visitiors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Provider : Facebook
Name : datrlu
Purpose : Facebook Social Plugin - embedding Facebook content
Provider : Google Map
Name : NID, PREF, PP_TOS_ACK, HSID, SSID, APISID, SAPISID